Question: What is the purpose of size classes?
Suggested approach: Size classes let you add extra layout configuration to your app so that your UI works well across different devices. For example, you might say that a stack view aligns its views horizontally in normal conditions, but vertically when constrained. For bonus points mention how important this is when working with split view and slide over!
- There are over 100 interview questions in the system. Once you've read the question and come up with a suitable answer, try reading my suggested approach below.
- To see another question just refresh the page; a new question is chosen every second.
- These questions are not designed to be hard; a good interviewer is more interested in generating discussion that lets your ability and interests shine through. The handful that are harder are specifically marked – the majority are suitable for junior to intermediate developers.
- If you answer a question with "yes" or "no" you've missed the point – interviewers prefer you to provide reasoning, explanation, or detail, so try to elaborate with examples!
- If you're looking for detailed technical questions about the language, you should try my Swift test instead – it has three difficulty levels.
- For a whole series of coding challenges, I wrote the perfect book for you: Swift Coding Challenges.