WHAT'S IN THE COURSE
Hacking with Swift is the most comprehensive iOS 11 and Swift 4 tutorial series in existence, offering all this and more:
- EXCLUSIVE Hacking with Swift guide book: Places milestones at key points in the series that contain revision notes, detailed code discussion, and challenges to help you push your skills further.
- EXCLUSIVE Swift Quick Tips wall chart: A printable PDF with 20 useful Swift tips you can start using in your code immediately.
- EXCLUSIVE Xcode Tips and Tricks video: Watch as I walk through some of my favorite features of Xcode, helping you make the most of Apple's integrated development environment.
- BONUS Swift Knowledge Base: Get 600 tips and tricks for Swift 4 and Xcode.
- Introduction to Swift: Learn the basics of the Swift programming language to help jumpstart your development.
Once you complete the introduction, you continue on to develop all these incredible, real-world projects from scratch:
- Storm Viewer: Get started coding in Swift by making an image viewer app and learning key concepts.
- Guess the Flag: Make a game using UIKit, and learn about integers, buttons, colors and actions.
- Social Media: Let users share to Facebook and Twitter by modifying project 1.
- Easy Browser: Embed Web Kit and learn about delegation, KVO, classes and UIToolbar.
- Word Scramble: Create an anagram game while learning about closures and booleans.
- Auto Layout: Get to grips with Auto Layout using practical examples and code.
- Whitehouse Petitions: Make an app to parse Whitehouse petitions using JSON and a tab bar.
- 7 Swifty Words: Build a word-guessing game and master strings once and for all.
- Grand Central Dispatch: Learn how to run complex tasks in the background with GCD.
- Names to Faces: Get started with UICollectionView and the photo library.
- Pachinko: Dive into SpriteKit to try your hand at fast 2D games.
- UserDefaults: Learn how to save user settings and data for later use.
- Instafilter: Make a photo manipulation program using Core Image filters and a UISlider.
- Whack-a-Penguin: Build a game using SKCropNode and a sprinkling of Grand Central Dispatch.
- Animation: Bring your interfaces to life with animation, and meet switch/case at the same time.
- Swifty Ninja: Learn to draw shapes in SpriteKit while making a fun and tense slicing game.
- Debugging: Everyone hits problems sooner or later, so learning to find and fix them is an important skill.
- Capital Cities: Teach users about geography while you learn about MKMapView and annotations.
- Fireworks Night: Learn about timers and color blends while making things go bang!
- Local Notifications: Send reminders, prompts and alerts even when your app isn't running.
- Detect-a-Beacon: Learn to find and range iBeacons using our first project for a physical device.
- Space Race: Dodge space debris while you learn about per-pixel collision detection.
- Swift Extensions: Try your hand at improving the built-in data types of Swift.
- Selfie Share: Make a multipeer photo sharing app in just 150 lines of code.
- Marble Maze: Respond to device tilting by steering a ball around a vortex maze.
- Core Graphics: Draw 2D shapes using Apple's high-speed drawing framework.
- Secret Swift: Save user data securely using the device keychain and Touch ID.
- Exploding Monkeys: Remake a classic DOS game and learn about destructible terrain and scene transitions.
- Instruments: Become a bug detective and track down lost memory, slow drawing and more.
- Multibrowser: Get started with UIStackView and see just how easy iPad multitasking is.
- SwiftSearcher: Add your app's content to Spotlight search and take advantage of the new Safari integration.
- What's that Whistle?: Build a crowd-sourced song recognition app using Apple's free platform as a service. CloudKit.
- Four in a Row: Let iOS take over the AI in your games using GameplayKit.
- Generating random numbers: GameplayKit can help you generate random numbers in ways you soon won't be able to live without.
- Crashy Plane: Ever wanted to make a Flappy Bird clone? Now you can do it in under an hour thanks to SpriteKit.
- Psychic Tester: Are you psychic? Of course not. But what if we could use our coding skills to make a game to fool your friends into thinking otherwise?
- GitHub Commits: Get on board with Core Data and learn to read, write and query objects using Apple's object graph and persistence framework.
- Unit testing with XCTest: Learn how to write unit tests and user interface tests using Xcode's built-in testing framework.
Hacking with Swift really is the fastest way to go from zero to hero in Swift and iOS – buy now and get started with your new iOS career the smart way!
Download full table of contents
Download free 24-page sample