UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Project 4 is broken

Forums > watchOS

@roz0n  

I am on Xcode Version 13.4.1 (13F100) and watchOS 8.5 (19T241)

I've recently started working on Project4 of the latest Hacking with watchOS (SwiftUI) and it seems there's a gnarly bug when using NavigationLink within a TabView that is nested inside a NavigationView. The bug is also currently present in the watchOS Github repo project.

When navigating from the initial view to the ResultsView, the latter quickly pops itself from the stack. I've uploaded a video demonstrating the behavior: https://streamable.com/xojrno

Xcode reports a SwiftUI runtime error when building the project: Accessing State's value outside of being installed on a View. This will result in a constant Binding of the initial value and will not update.

Adding NavigationLinks with empty views didn't solve the issue either.

Project4App.swift

@main
struct Project4App: App {
    var body: some Scene {
        WindowGroup {
            NavigationView {
                MainView()
            }
        }
    }
}

MainView.swift

struct MainView: View {
    var body: some View {
        TabView {
            ContentView()
            CurrenciesView()
        }
    }
}

I'm relatively new to SwiftUI (coming from UIKit), so I apologize beforehand if I'm missing anything obvious.

Edit: Here's a Github issue from another developer that reproduces this bug as well. It's safe to say it's a SwiftUI issue in that case.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.