TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

Swift CoreData view won't refresh If I have a predicate filter

Forums > SwiftUI

Hello, Im using a coredata to populate a list on a view. When I add a new object the list dosent update until close the app and open it again. But this only started happening after I started using a predicate in the fetch request, Taking the Predicate out makes it work again. I tried everything else. This is the only thing that is causing it. Has anyone else experienced this?

@FetchRequest(
sortDescriptors: [NSSortDescriptor(key: "sobrietyDate_month", ascending: true),NSSortDescriptor(key: "sobrietyDate_day", ascending: true),NSSortDescriptor(key: "first_name", ascending: true)],
predicate: NSPredicate(format: "isVisible == %@", "1")
) var allContacts: FetchedResults<User>

if I take the predicate out it starts updating again. I tried this with Apple standard out of the box CoreData project, by adding a new object to core data as a bool then

@FetchRequest(
        sortDescriptors: [NSSortDescriptor(keyPath: \Item.timestamp, ascending: true)],
        predicate: NSPredicate(format: "isVisible == %@", "1"),
        animation: .default)
    private var items: FetchedResults<Item>

Same thing happens, Won't update live until the app is closed. Any ideas? Thanks

Actally never mind i think it was the way i was checking for the bool, Should have been

NSPredicate(format: "boolAttribute = %d", true) Its working now.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by String Catalog.

SPONSORED Get accurate app localizations in minutes using AI. Choose your languages & receive translations for 40+ markets!

Localize My App

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.