UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Question about the updated version of the SwiftUI course

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi guys, I had started the course a while back but maybe like many people I stopped it. Now I find this a big mistake and want to go back to where I left off but I don't know if it's a good idea after the course is updated or to start over?

if it matters i was up to day 65-70 day.

Feel free to criticize or advise :)

Hey, it's important to code, code and code. So repetition is not wrong... I think you have three milestones in 100 days with SwiftUI. First is after 15 days and you have completed core Swift. The next milestone is day 48. It's important to celebrate each milestone and realize that it's a great job! Take some effort to pass the entire course. There is a lot of new things to learn, which can feel difficult, especially if you don't have much experience. Then it is especially important to repeat and code more. An option you might want to try is to download the finished projects from Github, test them, think about how they are structured, maybe change them a bit. If it then seems difficult, you can rerun that project. https://github.com/twostraws Hope you get some new energy and ideas to move forward in your development! /Martin

I don't know if it's a good idea after the course is updated or to start over?
if it matters i was up to day 65-70 day.

There are a few key concepts you need to understand when writing an application that may gather data from an internet source, parse it into bite-sized usable chunks, then pass it around to multiple views, collect more data and then push it back to a data store.

You'll want your user to change data on one view, and immediately see that change on other views.

Apple introduced new concepts for Observable objects and storing data to an object database using SwiftData.

I think these changes are significant enought to advise you to start the program again.

Some lessons will be simple refresher sessions. Other lessons will illuminate concepts you thought you really understood. And the newer lessons will be easier to understand.

Keep Coding

Of course, this is just one person's thoughts.

Thank you for your encouraging words, I haven't stopped coding, I just moved on to another tutorial, but I think it was a mistake and I want to continue hackingwithswift again, but the question is should I start over because the course was updated or from the place , where I had left off?

Hi, Glad you've continued coding! There has been a lot of new stuff, so my suggestion is that you start from day 49. /Martin

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.