UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

List row remains selected when navigating back

Forums > SwiftUI

Im having to use StackViewNavigationStyle to work around a separate long standing SwiftUI bug where state changes in pushed views cause them to be popped off the stack automatically due to SwiftUI recreating the entire heirachy.

However now I'm faced with the problem where navigating back leaves the selected list row highlighted. Has anyone come up with a nicer solution to this other than force updating the lists ID?

Note this only happens when using a TabView, commenting out the tab view in the example below fixes the issue...but I need tabs too as part of my app.

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {

var body: some View {
        TabView {
            NavigationView {
                List {
                    NavigationLink("Link", destination: Text("Test"))
                }
            }
            .navigationViewStyle(.stack)
        }
    }
}

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.