UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

How to use the play(atTime: 1) function.

Forums > SwiftUI

I am doing some coding on my Ipad using a blank page on Swift Playgrounds.

I am trying to learn how to use the play(atTime: TimeInterval) function

I thought the code below would play the sound twice. If I run this code the sound plays once. The second one doesn't play. The time interval works even if it is zero. If I run the first instance only it plays once poorly.

What is the correct way to use this function to play sounds at different times? I can put the complete code in if anyone is interested.

t = self.ClickPlayer!.deviceCurrentTime

self.ClickPlayer?.currentTime = 0
 self.ClickPlayer?.volume = 5
 self.ClickPlayer?.play(atTime: t+1)

self.ClickPlayer?.currentTime = 0
 self.ClickPlayer?.volume = 5
 self.ClickPlayer?.play(atTime: t + 5)

The Apple documentation states the play(atTime: TimeInterval) function "Plays a sound asynchronously, starting at a specified point in the audio output device’s timeline" and should be ideal for creating loops. Thanks if you have a look at this.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.