UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Formatting TextField while the user is typing

Forums > SwiftUI

Hello,

I'm a rather new to coding with Swift UI. I have been stuck on trying to format the text in a textfield while the user is typing. What I mean is that while the user write something it always comforms to a pre-defined format, such as "dd/mm/yyyy". Is there anyway to do achieve this? I would be thankful for any help.

Hi bentheten2002 Not sure what you want to do with the text from textfield. If it a Date then you are better using a DatePicker to return the date which will format to users setting on dates.

Selecting dates and times with DatePicker

If you want a format eg email address or password must have certain letters etc then you can do a check that it correct before allowing user to go past this point.

Checking for a valid address

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.