TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

Firebase Auth and Keychain - SwiftUI

Forums > SwiftUI

I have been having some issue with firebase authentication and keychain access, i recently took over a SwiftUI project, the previous developer had started with widgets and used keychain access for shared authentication. She left the project because of the same issue:

Error loading saved user when starting up: Error Domain=FIRAuthErrorDomain Code=17995 "An error occurred when accessing the keychain. The NSLocalizedFailureReasonErrorKey field in the NSError.userInfo dictionary will contain more information about the error encountered"

Error changing user access group: %@ An error occurred when accessing the keychain. The NSLocalizedFailureReasonErrorKey field in the NSError.userInfo dictionary will contain more information about the error encountered

i have tried checking my GoogleService-Info.plist file, matched the bundle ID and also tried using ChatGPT for the same issue and tried the solution given by it, the issue is still there.

I get this messages each time i build the app. The user has to sign in each time they open the app, and i am guessing this could be the possible reason.

Thanks in advance

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by String Catalog.

SPONSORED Get accurate app localizations in minutes using AI. Choose your languages & receive translations for 40+ markets!

Localize My App

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.