UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Xcode 15

Forums > Swift

Not sure if this is the forum to ask this, but there is no general questions forum. I've been working with all the Beta's and the RC for Xcode 15 and have been able to open the settings app on the simulator and sign into iCloud. Since the RC came out and now the full version I cannot open the settings app. It will start and give me a black screen and then shut down. A problem report will then show and ask to send to Apple.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks,

Taz

Mark,

same!

Xcode Version 15.0 (15A240d), MacBook Pro/ M1 Pro/10 CPU/16GPU/16GB running Ventura 13.5.2

DMG

I have found that it seem to (for me) only crash on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are ok.

hi,

after more testing, agree with Nigel. the Pro model simulators have the problem; not the 15 or 15 plus.

DMG

added after the post: the Xcode release notes mention a known issue:

The simulator may crash when opening Settings or Action Button settings on iPhone 15 Pro devices.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the response. That's what I've noticed as well. I lauched the iPhone 15 sim and was able to log in.

Another issue, I've noticed is that the SimulatorTrampoline is taking up alot of CPU usage causing my MacBook to get really hot.

My only solution that I've thought of is to just run my test on my actual phone.

Has @NigelGee or @delawaremathguy or anyone else noticed this as well.

Thanks,

Taz

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.