TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

.sheet & Swift Package Manager

Forums > Swift

Good evening all,

I have two questions tonight I'd like to get some clarity on:

1. When using a .sheet do we still have to pass environment objects into sheets or do we not. I thought somewhere I'd read that you no longer have to do that, but I can't find where I might of read that. So, I'm asking this great community for some clarity here.

2. I am wanting to learn more about creating my own stand alone libraries, like packages that you create using Swift Package Manager. Does Paul have any books on this in creating them using SwiftUI, or has anyone come across a good tutorial or book on creating them using SwiftUI?

I'd like to thank you in advance for anwsering these questions.

Taz

Does anyone know whether we still have to pass environment objects into the environment for sheets.

Also, does anyone have much experience with create swift packages who could point me in the right direction on learning how to create these Libraries.

Thanks Taz

Good morning all,

Ok, so I've been searching online for anwsers and finally found an anwser to my first question about do sheets inherit from the environment. Apparently, it was a bug and has been fixed as explained here: Do Sheets Inherit the environment. I guess I wasn't asking Google the right question, LMAO....

I would still love to know if any of you know anything about how to create Swift Packages using SPM. Is there a good tutorial or book I can get. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks Taz

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Blaze.

SPONSORED Still waiting on your CI build? Speed it up ~3x with Blaze - change one line, pay less, keep your existing GitHub workflows. First 25 HWS readers to use code HACKING at checkout get 50% off the first year. Try it now for free!

Reserve your spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.