TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

Moving UITableView rows

Forums > Swift

Hello - first post. I really appreciate the articles that Paul provides - thanks.

I've adapted the example program "How to add drag and drop to your app", May 28 2019, to move rows around in a table view. My app has a couple of tableviews but, unlike the example, I only allow moving within the same table view. It works fine except when I drag the cell contents over the other table view it shows the little + sign in a green circle in the top right. It doesn't actually move the row to the other table view so that's ok. Is there a way to stop that + sign appearing? There's obviously something I'm missing in the code as it doesn't allow moving in the same table view.

Ideally I'd like to be able to modify Paul's program so that the rows move in their own table view and if it is dragged across the other one it doesn't show the + sign.

Hope that's clear...

Thanks, Ian

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Blaze.

SPONSORED Still waiting on your CI build? Speed it up ~3x with Blaze - change one line, pay less, keep your existing GitHub workflows. First 25 HWS readers to use code HACKING at checkout get 50% off the first year. Try it now for free!

Reserve your spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.