TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

SOLVED: Modified Core Data Model and CloudKit Syncing

Forums > Swift

I have slightly modified the core data model on my app( could of new fields and an attribute constraint changed). CloudKit syncing works fine when all devices are using TestFlight version, but now the App is in production, and installed on devices, Cloud syncing not working. Do I need to move the revised app to production, or can someone point me to where I put the Core Data Model into production so that I can figure out if/how to get new version to production? I gather TestFlight versions use the development version, but production using production version.

You have to deploy the new schema to production via your iCloud console and you have to publish the new version of the app to the App Store. The old apps don't know the new version of your model.

Thanks, got me started, and found this for anyone else. It's so easy to do, I forgot between times where to look.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/cloudkit/managing_icloud_containers_with_the_cloudkit_database_app/deploying_an_icloud_container_s_schema

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.