UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Looking for an example of saving clip after using ReplayKit2 broadcast

Forums > Swift

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to save the video clip to the camera roll after using ReplayKit broadcast.

I find the tutorial for old way: https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/media/how-to-record-user-videos-using-replaykit but in this way i'm not using the broadcast picker.

Does anyone have code example of how to the video clip after finishing recording the screen via Replaykit2 broadcast?

I've already implemented the target and able to open the broadcast picker with my app displayed and selected, and now I'm stuck at the file SampleHandler with all the funcs that control the broadcast flow

class SampleHandler: RPBroadcastSampleHandler {

override func broadcastStarted(withSetupInfo setupInfo: [String : NSObject]?) {
        // User has requested to start the broadcast. Setup info from the UI extension can be supplied but optional.
    }

override func broadcastPaused() {
        // User has requested to pause the broadcast. Samples will stop being delivered.
    }

override func broadcastResumed() {
        // User has requested to resume the broadcast. Samples delivery will resume.
    }

override func broadcastFinished() {
        // User has requested to finish the broadcast.
    }

override func processSampleBuffer(_ sampleBuffer: CMSampleBuffer, with sampleBufferType: RPSampleBufferType) {
        switch sampleBufferType {
        case RPSampleBufferType.video:
            // Handle video sample buffer
            break
        case RPSampleBufferType.audioApp:
            // Handle audio sample buffer for app audio
            break
        case RPSampleBufferType.audioMic:
            // Handle audio sample buffer for mic audio
            break
        @unknown default:
            // Handle other sample buffer types
            fatalError("Unknown type of sample buffer")
        }
    }
etc....

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.