UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

In-App Purchases (Non Consumable): Can we have reusable Promo Codes?

Forums > Swift

Hi,

I want to make an app and validate the monetization / marketing model I had in mind. The app would be free, with locked content, and a non consumable (permanent) in app purchase would unlock everything forever for, say, $10.

Then I thought about using some affiliations to promote the app at the beginning. The affiliation link would give, say a 30% deal to users, and 10% to affiliation partners. So it would cost $7 to the user instead of $10 and give $0.70 to the partner for each sale. For 500 sales, the partner would make 10% x $7 x 500 sales = $350.

My question is : How can I calculate this $350 ? Usually I would give a promo code like "AFFILIATEPARTNER2022" that anybody could enter in the app and in the store dashboard, I would be able to see how many times it's been used.

Question 1 : Can we do that with StoreKit 2 ?

If we can't, one thing I thought was creating two distinct in-app purchases to unlock all content : one with the regular price, and one for each affiliate partner. The user would see the regular price on the screen, but could input a promo code in a TextField that I would program myself, and if valid, the screen would switch from the regular in app purchase to the promotional in app purchase.

Question 2 : Does it violate any Apple guideline ? (I read and didn't find anything).

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.