TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

SOLVED: Error code 36 when trying to copy projectname.xcodeproj

Forums > Swift

Hi, I just re organized my project.xcodeproj file to create groups of individual files. Now when I try to backup the project I get a -36 error in the MacOS finder. The error is on the actual project.xcodeproj files (which is in fact a directory). Ive investigated online and most advise is to use the dot_clean command from the command line, but that's not working for me.

Any ideas as I can't backup my work at the moment.

thanks!

ps. Apologies but I didn't know where else to post this question. pps. the project builds and runs fine

When you moved the files did you also move the other files to do with the project? Screenshot

Also try closing all applications and restarting mac. then open xcode and the project hopefully it will do a reindex for the files.

Check out this Error Code -36 Mac

If all else fails. It is a chance to redo the project again!

Thanks @NigelGee. Nothing worked, so I rebuilt the project from the (many) individual .swift files. And backed them up thrice! After 3 hours at midnight I was done! That was not plesant.

FYI I didn't move any files as such. I re orged the project in Xcode to create groups containing the various .swift files. Everything built and and ran fine. I then went to make a backup, as I do after every coding session, and I got the 36 error.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Blaze.

SPONSORED Still waiting on your CI build? Speed it up ~3x with Blaze - change one line, pay less, keep your existing GitHub workflows. First 25 HWS readers to use code HACKING at checkout get 50% off the first year. Try it now for free!

Reserve your spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.