UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Chain unknown number of requests

Forums > Swift

I am making a call to a RESTful service using AlamoFire using paging and I don't know how many pages there will be. After each call I get a result telling me if there is more data. How can I accomplish this using Swift? I have been using completions for my methods so far and when making 1 or 2 REST calls it isn't too bad but I don't know how to do it with with an unknown number of calls. I looked at PromiseKit but I am not sure how I would use that with an unknown number of calls to make.

What is the right way to do this in Swift?

Thank you

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.