UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Best Approach For Moving Code Between Xcode Projects

Forums > Swift

I have a decent-sized Swift project that's been contributed to by myself and others. I typically pull down the Main GitHub branch into a fresh Xcode project whenever I work on it and have been doing so under my personal Apple Dev account.

We're now needing to move the application to a newly created business account and after trying to update the Signing details, General Project Settings and Info.plist items, I've been unable to successfully upload the application to Apple Connect.

Instead of trying to diagnose all the potential reasons why the upload breaks, I'm wondering if anyone has a good approach to moving code from an exisiting project, into a fresh project that has all the correct account, signing and other project settings in place already.

Thanks!

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.