UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Web Services, API, Data sharing for a game...what do you use to do this?

Forums > Server-side Swift

if you want an IOS app to access a web service so that your app users can see shared data of all the users, such as a game and who is leading in the game...current scores of all users, etc.

what do you use? Cloudkitshared? Firebase? AWSAmplify, Vapor?

@VulcanCCIT would like iOS gamers to interact with friends, compare leaderboard ranks, earn achievements, and participate in multiplayer games.

if you want ...your app users to share data of all the users, such as a game and
who is leading in the game...current scores of all users, etc.

This is exactly the point of GameKit. I wonder if you evaluated GameKit, and why it doesn't meet your needs?

If you've not evaluated GameKit, I'd suggest you start by incorporating it first. This way, you'll benefit from Apple's robust, full-featured, time-tested libraries. Plus you'll also sour on the idea of having to build these feature on your own, using Firebase, Vapor, etc.

Keep Coding

See -> GameKit

you know now that you say that I have heard of GameKit but forgot that I heard about it lol I will check that out too! Now if it was not a game, what are most folks using? I guess that is like saying what do most people eat?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.