UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

weird Error message

Forums > macOS

Working my way through MacOS hacking book and new to swift (python my previous language). I am getting this wierd error message in the console

FAULT: <NSRemoteView: 0x13ce17b00 com.apple.TextInputUI.xpc.CursorUIViewService TUICursorUIViewService> determined it was necessary to configure <TUINSWindow: 0x14ce0bc70> to support remote view vibrancy

Googling it just turns up a number of other bewildered people who don't know what to do or what causes it.

Does anyone know?

Read this on Log Noise

Thanks helpful advice to ignore it. The problem is it bugs me - I hate bits of code I don't understand and at my present stage a fair bit of swift seems like that. Particulaly vexing (but off topic) is the way that swiftUI has a "declarative syntax" nowhere mentioned when I learned swift.

anyway if I ever discover what the problem is or if anyone else does please post.

This error is related to configuring remote view vibrancy in a TUINSWindow. Check the official Apple documentation for TUINSWindow, associated classes for insights. Consider posting your question on platforms like Stack Overflow for community assistance. Keep exploring Swift and macOS development for a solution.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.