UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: NavigationSplitView on MacOS

Forums > macOS

Hi there

I've been playing around with navigation a bit on iOS and it formats itself great, however when you try to branch out to Mac OS, everything is just ugly out of the box.

My current delema is with the NavigationSplitView Sidebar and Content columns.

The left most column, doesn't seam to matter if you have 2 or 3 columns, always has a semi see through background, not a problem in itsself as that's an easy fix.

Navigation Split View Issue

I've played around with a few different options but I've just not yet found an 'ideal' combination of modifyers to make it look better.

Any ideas or tips on how to format these views to be a little more professional?

I had a similar ugly look to my first attempt. In my case it was because I had padding around the NavigationSplitView. When I removed that, the sidebar and details correctly fitted to the edges of the window and my window looked more like a 'standard' MacOS app. I hve no content outside of the NavigationSplitView and no padding. Looks so much better.

@barnettsab

Thank you very much, amazing such a simple fix did make a huge difference. Its odd I had done that previously but I'd added so much other stuff that I didn't see it.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.