UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

how to change the whole display color tint?

Forums > macOS

i think i'll start there. my goal is to build Vim bindings on the whole macOS level. you use a keyboard shortcut combination that makes you enter the Vim COMMAND mode. then pressing hjkl etc... will move you like in Vim rather than using the arrow keys or Emacs bindings.

the idea is that when you press the keyboard shortcut combination, the tint of the display changes a bit to let you know you're in COMMAND mode.

there's a lot of things to do in this app, but i thought i'd start there. i guess i need to play with Accessibility but i'm pretty lost.

for the background, i have almost 2 decades in web development, and starting Swift development, in order to build this app. i went through the SwiftUI course of this site, and i bought and am going through maybe 6 or 7 books from Paul. i thought it was time to start opening Xcode and coding the app, but after a few days i'm realizing that it's kinda like the jungle for me out there and i have no idea where to start.

so i'd be glad if someone could point me to a few starters!

thanks in advance.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.