UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Compatibility Issue with macOS - App Functionality Impacted

Forums > macOS

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a compatibility issue with my website's functionality specifically related to users accessing it through macOS devices. The website is built using Swift and SwiftUI and is primarily aimed at providing an interactive experience for users across different platforms.

Problem: Upon testing the website on various macOS versions (such as Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur), I've noticed that certain interactive features or elements within the website are not rendering or functioning as expected. These issues are not prevalent when the site is accessed through other platforms like iOS or Windows.

Details of the Problem:

Certain UI elements, especially those designed with SwiftUI, seem to display incorrectly or have impaired functionality on macOS devices. Interactive modules or functionalities, developed using Swift, aren't functioning seamlessly across different versions of macOS. Compatibility issues seem to be arising specifically when the website is accessed via Safari on macOS devices. Steps Taken:

Reviewed the codebase to ensure it aligns with SwiftUI and Swift best practices, and verified compatibility with macOS systems. Conducted extensive testing and debugging, attempting to identify any macOS-specific compatibility issues within the code. Checked for any specific known compatibility issues between SwiftUI/Swift-based websites and Safari on macOS.

**Seeking Guidance:

I'm seeking guidance on how to resolve these macOS-specific compatibility issues impacting the functionality of my website. Are there any known compatibility quirks or specific considerations I should be aware of when developing SwiftUI/Swift-based websites for macOS, especially concerning Safari browser compatibility?

Any insights, suggestions, or experiences related to similar compatibility challenges with SwiftUI/Swift-based web applications on macOS would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

How did you make a website with SwiftUI? Providing more details on how you built the website with SwiftUI will increase the chances of someone being able to help you.

I thought SwiftUI was limited to making apps for Apple platforms. I didn't know it was possible to make a website with SwiftUI.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.