Yes* (Ireland, Poland, Denmark, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany)
At Zendesk, we truly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people.
On the mobile engineering teams, we power customer engagement in some of your favorite apps, via our SDK integrations, present in thousands of apps used by millions of users. We also deliver the best customer experience for agents using our Support and Chat apps, which enables delivering customer support and engagement on the go, as well as the Sell app that helps the salesperson to work on the move.
About the role
Team Lead is the first step on the Zendesk career ladder that takes direct management responsibility for a team, which means your team members will report to you. In addition, you’ll work as a code contributing Engineer but the people side of this role comes first, so you’ll need to be comfortable putting your own code-writing productivity second to the needs of your team.
Some previous experience leading a team is required. At all times in your role, you will be supported by an Engineering Manager. An end game for this role is for you to lead a team of 6 engineers, but based on your previous experience we can start a bit slower.
If you get your thrills from the success of the people around you, nerd out over what makes a successful team, and aspire to perfect your communication abilities, this could be the job for you!
- Create an inclusive environment that is conducive to happy and productive work for you and your team.
- Support your team members in their goals - technical, career, and personal.
- Work collaboratively with a small focused team on apps that need to be robust, scalable, and maintainable.
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle including feature conception, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and making everything run smoothly & safely in production.
- Follow and improve our practices at every stage of development
What we offer
- Full ownership of the projects you work on.
- What you will be doing will have a customer impact.
- Teams of passionate people who love what they do.
- Exciting projects, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements.
- Opportunity to learn and grow.
... and everything you need to maintain work-life balance:
- Flexible working hours.
- Professional development fund.
- Comfortable office, daily catered breakfasts, and lunches (once we’re back in the office) or reimbursement of the equipment of your choice for home-office setup.
- Premium Medical Insurance (incl. dental care & physiotherapy) as well as Private Life Insurance.
What you will bring to the role
- Plenty of experience in building great mobile apps on either iOS or Android platforms
- Truly great communication and collaboration skills.
- A passion for sustaining a healthy and effective work environment.
- A team-first mentality
At Zendesk, we believe that every great customer relationship stems from a conversation. So we built a customer service software company that designs solutions to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to startups, powerful, innovative customer experiences should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. Zendesk serves more than 160,000 customers across a multitude of industries in over 30 languages. Zendesk is headquartered in San Francisco, and operates offices worldwide
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Head over here to learn more about this job opportunity.