UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Senior Staff iOS- MyFitnessPal

Forums > Job Postings

We are looking for a Senior Staff iOS Engineer to join the MyFitnessPal engineering team. Our users rely on the MyFitnessPal iOS app to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of our MyFitnessPal Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the iOS development ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments. What you’ll be doing:

• Work closely with our creative design and user interface team to implement native mobile interfaces according to the iOS Human
    Interface Guidelines.
  • Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing UI, data storage, and network communications.
  • Drive feature development across teams and platforms.
  • Take ownership of the technical direction of the iOS app.
  • Take ownership of the stability and performance of the iOS app.
  • Research and implement high-quality technical solutions to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base.
  • Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, security, and deployment.
  • Help drive the technical direction of the engineering team.
  • Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole.
  • Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
  • Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions.

Qualifications to be successful in this role:

Greetings Elise,

Please allow me to introduce myself, Gurmeher Chawla, a senior and seasoned iOS and macOS Developer with about 8 years of Swift, and 10 years of Objective C experience.

I have developed numerous apps, the last one being a social media application Buddyng(https://apps.apple.com/in/app/buddyng/id1551639438)

I'd like you to know that I am into fitness and already had MyFitnessPal installed on my phone prior to coming across this post. I would be much obliged to get the opportunity to work on it and help bring all requirements and goals to fruition.

Technical Qualifications:

I am well versed with numerous first party frameworks including Foundation, Combine, CoreData, CoreGraphics, Quartz, AVFoundation, CoreLocation, MapKit, IOKit, Photos, StoreKit, AppKit, UIKit, SwiftUI, AuthenticationServices, and third party frameworks including Firebase, GoogleMaps, TwilioChatClient, Alamofire etc.

My skillset includes implementation of views by code including auto layout constraints, thorough debugging for bug fixing, optimisations, and deployment to App Store.

Please revert if interested at gurmeher@clockworks.tech

Thank You

@Birju  

Hi @EliseHebert, Hope you are fine. I have 10+ year of experience in iOS app development and i'm interested in job which you posted. Let me know for further discussion.

Thanks, Birju

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.