UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Xcode Malware

Forums > iOS

As of late there has been new Malware detected that hides in Xcode projects and infects your machine when buidling said project/code. It does many things, get login credentials for one, and is not something to think light about. Affected projects are found on Github and there's no telling which is infected and which is not, it could be even one of Paul's projects!

To me, this makes using/trying projects from Github or any other source a no go at the moment, how do you guys handle this?

MacRumours article on the Malware

Much longer article on ZDNet

"The method of distribution used can only be described as clever," Trend Micro says. "Affected developers will unwittingly distribute the malicious Trojan to their users in the form of the compromised Xcode projects, and methods to verify the distributed file (such as checking hashes) would not help as the developers would be unaware that they are distributing malicious files."

No one just a little bit concerned ?

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.