UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Why am I getting this error when trying to add a view to a StackView?

Forums > iOS

Thread 1: Fatal error: Unexpectedly found nil while implicitly unwrapping an Optional value

func setUpProviderLoginView() {

let button = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton(authorizationButtonType: .signUp, authorizationButtonStyle: .black)

button.addTarget(self, action: #selector(handleAuthorizationAppleIDButtonPress), for: .touchUpInside) 

buttonSignUpStackView.addArrangedSubview(button)  // Getting Error Here

}

Are you sure that your buttonSignUpStackView is not nil?

Beyond that suggestion, we would need to see more of your code to better diagnose the problem.

So buttonSignUpStack is an outlet from my storyboard and it already contains some views so I wouldn't think that it is nil. Does it have something to do with programmatically adding this button to a stack i created using storyboard?

Like I said, we'd need to see more of your code to properly diagnose the issue. Can you post the code for your ViewController?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.