TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

Seeking Help to Develop DriveKit Driver for RTLSDR on iPad

Forums > iOS

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project that involves creating a DriveKit driver to use an RTLSDR on an iPad. My current application, built for macOS, employs IOKit, along with libRTLSDR, libUSB, and rtl-sdr, which are C++ libraries brought in through a bridging header. This setup allows for necessary communication functions with the SDR.

Given the impressive capabilities of the M1 iPads, I am eager to make my application compatible. I understand that to accomplish this, I will need to port my code to DriverKit. However, I am at a loss on where to begin this process.

I'm reaching out to this community for support and guidance. There are several ways you might be able to assist:

If you have any educational resources, literature, tutorials, or guides on DriverKit that you can recommend, it would be highly appreciated. If you know of any comprehensive courses on DriverKit, that would also be incredibly helpful. Lastly, if you have the knowledge and the capacity to develop this DriverKit yourself, this could potentially lead to a job opportunity. I am willing to pay for expert assistance in this area, and I am also keen to learn during the process. I appreciate any assistance or direction you can provide. Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information about my project.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.