UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Network Call, Twitter, with the Library Swifter

Forums > iOS

Hey guys. I am currently working on my own project that is temporary called TwitApp. The app purpose is to make network calls get some data from Twitter and populate the collection views with that data. Everything so far goes in the right direction but I have some major difficulties with understanding how to make that 3rd library work. Swifter is a private project available on GitHub. I have downloaded it, draged it into my app, set it as a framework but I honeslty have no idea what to do next. I dont know how to reach functions that are in that project in order to make a network call. Im not even sure if what I wrote here makes any sense.

If anyone could help me and sacrifice his/her own time, Id be in his/her debt forever. Many thanks for any help.

Hi, you can try starting with importing it.

Should be something like import Swifter

If that works you can try following the readme from GitHub and try instantiating the main class to communicate with Twitter.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.