TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

SOLVED: Need help with updating new version of app

Forums > iOS

Firstly, I apologise for my ignorance. :|

I feel really clueless about this. The app was first built by a third party with my developer account, and our contract has expired, making me endeavour to make it myself by GOD’S Grace.

Now, I want to publish a new version (not a new app).

This shows up in the tabs of the Apple Developer page, the one with the yellow. Which shows the app is ready for a new submission.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/082Alt21FPqs8BcAjfET1uYjQ

And I have this in the app info:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/068L_dtOVG20XQw5MpMbSZiDQ

Am I to copy the details of code from the above, and paste it in Xcode? And how do I go about the process? Sorry, rookie here wanting to learn.

And for the app version number (the yellow in the Apple Developer Page) for the new submission has this code: 2.59778.1

Is that to be the new version number?

Do I enter that into Xcode as well without making any changes, and where should I post it, please?

So sorry for being so ignorant of the process.

Thanks and GOD bless all. :)

please any thoughts?

Have you read the following document from Apple?

https://developer.apple.com/help/app-store-connect/update-your-app/create-a-new-version

List the steps you took to create the new version. The screenshots you linked to do not provide enough information for people here to solve your problem.

In Xcode you have to perform the following steps to create a new version of the app:

1. Set the version number and build number.
  2. Archive the project.
  3. Submit the build to App Store Connect.

Setting the Version Number

Take the following steps to set the version number and build number:

1. Select the project file from the left side of Xcode's project window to open the project editor. The project file should be at the top.
  2. Select your app target from the list of targets on the left side of the project editor.
  3. Click the General tab at the top of the project editor.
  4. The Identity section has a Version text field and a Build text field. Enter the version number and build number in those fields.

The version and build number must be higher than any previous version.

Archiving the Project

Choose Product > Archive in Xcode to archive the project.

If the project fails to archive, make sure you are not building for an iOS simulator. In Xcode's toolbar above the editor is a jump bar. The jump bar should have two items. Click the right item and choose Any iOS Device.

Submitting to App Store Connect

Use Xcode's Organizer window to submit the new version of your app to App Store Connect. Choose Window > Organizer in Xcode to open the Organizer.

Select Archives from the left side of the Organizer to show your app's archives. Select the archive for the new version. Click the Distribute App button to submit to App Store Connect.

A sheet opens with a series of steps to follow. Choose App Store Connect as the distribution method. Choose Upload as the destination. Choose to automatically code sign your app.

please any thoughts?

Use Xcode's Organizer window to submit the new version of your app to App Store Connect. Choose Window > Organizer in Xcode to open the Organizer.

Select Archives from the left side of the Organizer to show your app's archives. Select the archive for the new version. Click the Distribute App button to submit to App Store Connect.

A sheet opens with a series of steps to follow. Choose App Store Connect as the distribution method. Choose Upload as the destination. Choose to automatically code sign your app.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.