TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

SOLVED: How to add ATS to new Xcode 15 iOS project?

Forums > iOS

Help!

Running GA of Sonoma + Xcode 15. I'm trying to create my first new iOS app since upgrading.

Can anyone either give me or point me towards instructions for adding ATS to the Info.plist?

I have managed this without any problem using previous versions of macOS + Xcode but have failed totally using the current versions.

Any assistance gratefully receibed ...

Hi @Riverboat_Gambler

Assume it is the name of the entry that is confusing you, I beleive it changed. In the plist file click on the + icon and search for "App Transport Security Settings"

Once added you can click on the + symbol beside it to select any sub entries.

Hi @coffer and thanks for responding

No - my problems are:

First finding the Info.plist - I created a totally new iOS app and then checked the folder content outwith Xcode and could not find an Info.plist anywhere. I have a vague memory of reading that Info.plist was not created automatically from Xc14 onwards so that maybe explains that.

I then tried adding one within Xcode but that caused the build to fail with "Multiple commands creating Info.plist". It almost looks like settings are now stored in a project file instead.

This has only hit me since going to Sonoma + Xc15.

Whatever the cause it's frustrating the life out of me! I can work older projects (most with ATS configuration in them) and can create new projects as long as they do not require any ATS.

I think I still have a laptop on Ventura + Xc14 so I'm going back to that to try and confirm that it's a post-upgrade problem.

Go to your App target. There is a section Info. Within this section you find Custom iOS Target Properties. Right click and choose add row. After adding your row a new Info.plist is created with your additional value. For future additions you can choose the Info.plist file and add it there.

I don't know if it also works when you add just an empty Info.plist file.

THANK YOU!!!

You gave me the bit I was missing - most appreciated!

Hi, were you able to fix your issue?

I have the same issue with Xcode 15.1 I have gone to the INFO tab selected App Transport Security Settings and the after pressing the drop down menu selected Allow Aribtery Loads. Then to the left of that I press the menu and it shows YES and NO but if I try to select eiher of them it doesn't accept them? The key remains blank? Not sure what I'm doing worng? any help much appreciated.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.