UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Pro SwiftUI Preface terminal command

Forums > Books

In the "Working with SwiftUI's public interface" section of the Preface, there are instructions to enter a command.

• enter the command in the Terminal application.
  • note that all the text, starting with "xed" and continuing to the end "simulator.swiftinterface" is all one command. (On my laptop it inserted a line break after "xed".)
  • note that there is a space near the beginning of the command, after "xed" and before "/Applications".
  • finally, note that if you copy and paste the text straight into Terminal, some extraneous text will be generated. I pasted into TextEdit, cleaned up the pasted code there, then copied that into Terminal.

Thanks very much @pitman, spot-on and very useful!

I hit an additional bump in the road...

Using Xcode Beta, the commands need to be converted to allow for Beta:

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-beta.app

xed /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/...

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue...

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.