UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Zavala 2.0 - A modern outliner for the Mac, iPhone, and iPad.

Forums > App Announcements

I just released version 2 of Zavala. Zavala is an open source project. It is written in UIKit. The Mac version is a Catalyst app and I think a good example of how you can make a good Mac app using Catalyst.

The project uses a lot of modern Apple API's. It syncs using Cloud Kit. The outline editor is implemented using UICollectionView. It uses the new 3 panel UISplitViewController. The code isn't perfect and there are hacks in there to get around UIKit weirdness and bugs. You can use it either as a resource to learn what to do or what not to do. :-)

If you just want to try it out, you can download it from the App Store.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.