UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Gaming Buddy - discover new games for PC, PlayStation, Xbox & more with widgets

Forums > App Announcements

Hello,

I am happy to introduce my new app. It grew out of SwitchBuddy, which lets Nintendo Switch games track new games. Some users and I wanted these features for all the upcoming releases.

It features a curated list of upcoming AAA games and an "Upcoming" list showing all games with announced release dates. There is also a search to find games quicker.

While this could also be used as a "games tracker" - you can mark games as favorites which makes them available for widgets, it is primarily about the upcoming games and widgets.

Gaming Buddy offers countdown widgets, "Up Next" lists favorite games that are coming out soonest, and "Calendar" widget shows the current month and games that are releasing that month.

App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/game-widgets-get-hyped/id6447783408

Feedback is more than welcome!

Game Widgets - upcoming games track, widgets

Version 1 is coming out May 24! You can "pre-order" it for free today :-)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/game-widgets-get-hyped/id6447783408

First big update just landed 🛬

Game Widgets - discover new games, notifications

Notifications

You can now set up notifications for game releases. And thats not all, you will also get a notification when your favorite game gets a release date

Themes

Purple might not be for everyone. That's ok! You can now personalize the app and widgets with themes like "Green X", "BlueStation", sunset and more.

Themable countdown widgets

The countdown widgets now have configurable background. So instead of the previous blurry background, you can choose the app theme or just "plain".

Add to calendar

Easily create calendar events for your favorite games

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Hello,

happy to announce version 1.3.0 is live. 🎉 I have also renamed the app from "Game Widgets" to "GamingBuddy" to make it more clear that the main aim is discovery of new games to play and not just widgets.

New Releases

• Easily view (and filter) newly released games in a new list

Lock Screen widgets

The Up Next and Release Countdown widgets are now also available on your Lock Screen

Various small fixes and tweaks

Gaming Buddy - new games discovery, lock screen widgets, new releases listing

Hi @nemecek-filip, I've just installed the app and it looks great. It has a nice intuitive UI and is very snappy and responsive. My only suggestion would be to make the Platform filter global across the app, rather than within the individual lists. That way the user is always presented with games which are relevant to them, right from the home screen. For example, I am only an Xbox user, and so would prefer to see only those games which are available on that platform, or are scheduled to be.

Hello @sardinepretzel, sorry for the late response - missed your reply.

I understand and it is something I will probably do in the future. Currently it is for all platforms to enable caching both on server and in the app so the games are loaded as quick as possible. I am not sure how would the Upcoming and New Releases lists work - it would probably have to be separate request that could take a bit of time to get back.

I am happy to announce new update! I initially thought I'd wait for more features that I have planned but since the OpenCritic integration was finished I decided to launch it so it can help users see how are new games rated in the press.

OpenCritic Integration

Games now display OpenCritic rating summary (if available) and list of all reviews for GamingBuddy Unlimited.

You can now quickly see how new games were rated by the critics and even read detailed reviews.

GamingBuddy opencritic scores and reviews

New update is out. I was rushing this a bit to "frontrun" the iOS 17 release and all that stuff :D

Easily share games with friends

Did you find awesome new game? You can now send link to your friends straight from GamingBuddy and they can view details without having the app.

That's it :-) "Small" feature that unlocks new ways for game discovery

GamingBuddy universal links sharing game details, iMessage preview

Exellent iOS 17 release 👌

I am busy working on GamingBuddy 2.0 and just opened public TestFlight :-)

Get it here => https://testflight.apple.com/join/Qcvvxa4r

The version will feature much better Favorites listing and brand new Reviews tab

GamingBuddy 2.0 reviews tab

Version 2.0 is finally out 🎉

Super happy to have this out as it has professional icon and not my "I need app icon quick" one. Plus other goodies:

• Favorites on separate tab with "Up Next" queue to make sure you don't miss releases :-)

• Brand new Reviews tab featuring recent reviews from the biggest names in gaming like IGN, GameSpot and others.

• Featured Up Next widget for GamingBuddy Unlimited. This one shows the soonest games from "Featured" list

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gaming-buddy-new-releases/id6447783408

GamingBuddy: Find new games banner 2.0

Released a smaller update:

• Contrast tweaks for the "Epic Gray" theme
  • Enabled "Live Text" for image gallery so you can easily create stickers from game artworks (needs iOS 17)
  • Added "What's new?" to About so you can see update history

And also wanted to announce that I have planned Black Friday deal from November 24 to November 28 :-)

The one-time purchase is 50% off until November 28th 🎉

So if you wanna get a good deal and support my efforts, now is a good time.

I will also be raising the yearly price from the "intro" $4.99 to a bit more to reflect all the new features added since launch.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gamingbuddy-discover-new-games/id6447783408

Hello,

I am back with another update! Version 2.1.0 makes it easy to stay up-to-date on gaming-related events like various showcases, previews, awards and similar. The new UI makes it trivial to discover which games were announced or perhaps got first ever gameplay trailer.

GamingBuddy gaming-events update

Thank you for your information. One think I tell you my friend also useing this app 🤣.

How does the mod APK ensure user safety and prevent potential security risks compared to other third-party modifications?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.