UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Give Food / Share a Meal

Forums > App Announcements

In Paul's HWS+ Live steam, Did a ShareAMeal using Give Food API

I have done a slightly different take and have it for beta test GiveFoodUK

Would Like you thought either here or email me. (In feedback), with Drop-off point if to include nearby food banks or not (there a testing toggle or try out both). Not sure if it too many points and distance). Works ok in London!

Thank you in advance

Do have some issues. It on Github GiveFoodUK. If anyone want to look at the code.

Made my first double trailing closure

FailedView {
    fetchFoodbanks()
} action: {
    changeLocation()
}

or

FailedView(retry: fetchFoodbanks, action: changeLocation)

I have made some UI changes from feedback from Al Fraser (on Slack) and added if a food bank do not require some items if you want to see search for Rickmansworth Food Bank as not all food banks show anything.

On TestFlight GivefoodUK

On Github NigelGee/GiveFoodUK

Sorry about delay in update but Apple connect thought I was using a Beta Xcode, But now it updated correctly

UPDATE: Found some food bank do not have phone numbers. so if you get a food bank that does not show details. Please contact me with the food bank name so I can look in to it.

UPDATED: Added some footnote (as this was some confusion) to Food Bank Shoppping List, Better quality images for Title Logo and App Icon Fix a bug that a food bank would not load (phone field had a nil value!)

Added comments in code on Github. If you want to see the code, hopefully better to understand.

If you have any feed back please do not hesitate to contect me.

Build 10 update - When Paul’s use of Shaders Introducing Inferno: Metal shaders for SwiftUI. I have made my first simple Shader to transform the black to white in the image of title logo. So when in dark mode the text do not “disappear”. Tell what you think!

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.