UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Artie - Math Drills in Augmented Reality 😎

Forums > App Announcements

@ot0  

I struggled to motivate my kids to practice basic arithmetic skills like multiplication and subtraction and at the same time I wanted to explain what my job looks like - I'm an iOS developer so with the help of my kids we put together this free math drills app in augmented reality! They were incredible testers and suggested a lot of ideas present in the apps - like changing the character's colors, eyes, etc.

As a lifelong learner I wanted to dive into something totally new and foreign to me: 3D, games and augmented reality. I learned a lot along the way and had a lot of fun with Apple's ARKit, RealityKit and more. It wasn't all that bad after all :)

Check if out for free on the App Store

I'd love to hear your feedback!

@Bnerd  

I didn't try the app but even from the screenshot looks amazing! good job! If I may ask, how much it took you and how did you manage with work and kids?

@ot0  

Since I was completely new to 3D / AR / Game development, it took 300-400 hours to implement the basic functionality, overcoming all the shortcomings of RealityKit, etc. I was moonlighting, taking an occasional day off, and adding few Saturdays. I expected a bit shorter timeframe, somewhere 150-200h, but it's difficult to make estimates in an uknown environment. Go ahead and check out the app ;)

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.