UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Small UI issue in Review pages

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi, I noticed that when my screen is narrow, as it often is when I'm using the site alongside Xcode, it's possible for the "Link copied" hws-pasteboard-toast element to hide part of the "Continue" button.

It's invisible as it uses opacity when not active, but it's still there and can block the UI. Here's what shows when I change the opacity, after wondering why I couldn't click the continue button:

Example

I think a simple fix could be to add pointer-events: none to the CSS in the hws-pasteboard-toast class rather than rely on opacity.

It's the nittiest of tiny nit-picks but might help avoid confusion.

Seems to be the DIV with ID hws-pasteboard-toast that's causing the problem.

I've been using HWS+ for a year, and always thought there was something up with my browser. I was confused as to why I couldn't always fullscreen a video, or click the next topic link in the bottom-right corner of many HWS pages.

Then I inspected the HTML, and found this:

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.