UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Small doubt.

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Is it normal that i dont fully remeber the syntax of something and have to search it up? For example i remember dragGesture and that theres onChanged and onEnded but i might not remember the proper way of writing. Thanks.

Perfectly normal. But like anything, the more you use them, the more you'll remember them.

the most important thing to learn is how to learn. so that means you must focus on figuring out WHERE and HOW to look for the solution/syntax and "relearn". you will forget, dont fret. that you focus on remembering/relearning/figuring out how to ask and find for the answer is much better. worry about that instead! haha that problems is what eventually pushed me to, for example, make a stack overflow account. i always used it, but one day i was so mad i couldn't find some answer to my problem anywhere on google, it pushed me to make an account there and ask! i got it too. my asking is now a collective contribution. Now, i also have that avenue for learning opened - i now have the capacity and willingness to ask there or here or elsewhere. relearning, remebering, asking - these struggles and joys are part of the job and part of the expertise that is molding you a professional. be okay not knowing or remembering right away.

thanks @roosterboy and @alex_ebs!

Perfectly normal. Basic stuff sticks after some time, but more complex stuff I'll still have to look up the exact syntax. Knowing what there is and where to look is most important. And when needed go to the forums (here, stack).

Keep at it!

Ricardo asked a similar question in August. That thread has some good responses you might enjoy!

See -> Ricardo's Learning Journey

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.