NEW: My new book Pro SwiftUI is out now – level up your SwiftUI skills today! >>

How do I get UK currency on my UK Mac?

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi

Text(Locale.current.currency?.identifier ?? "XYZ") Text(100.00, format: .currency(code: Locale.current.currency?.identifier ?? "GBP" ))

The first Text command outputs "USD" and the second $100.00.

Can I please ask for some help in understanding why my Mac which is using UK £'s everywhere, in every other app, is not doing the same in Xcode, where is it getting USD and $'s from?

I had expected Xcode to default to the same as my MAC but this does seem to be the case.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

In Xcode in your project settings there is a section Localization. The "Base" Developer language is usually English US and doesn't respect your Mac settings. F.e. my regional settings on my Mac are German and in a new project Xcode just doesn't care. You can add English UK. If you develop for iPhone and use the simulator you have to change the regional settings on the iPhone simulator as well.

Hi, I am really sorry but can I please ask you to be much more specefic about what I need to change. I've found Localization and added English UK but my project is still in USD.

Thank you for your help

What kind of app are you developing? MacOS, iOS?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Play

SPONSORED Play is the first native iOS design tool created for designers and engineers. You can install Play for iOS and iPad today and sign up to check out the Beta of our macOS app with SwiftUI code export. We're also hiring engineers!

Click to learn more about Play!

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.