UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: HELP PLEASE! "Active scheme does not build this file"

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

On several of my sample projects, when I return to them after working on other projects, I get a "Cannot preview in this file" error message and I cannot preview the App. They run fine in in the simulator and/or on device.

I have searched to no avail, can somone give me simple instructions to update/refresh/rebuild teh scheme in an App so as to get back to normal?

After a few more days of digging... I moved my root Xcode folder from an external SSD to my System drive and by magic everything is working again correctly. Have to say that I read about people having issues with thei rprojects on iCloud and other 3rd party online storage but did not see anyone having issues "within" their machines as such.

Hey ho, learn something new every day!

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.