UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 73 Challenge 3 Biometric Authentication Automatic Error Message

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

I created an alert when face id is not recognized however an automated alert shows up(see image). This would be fine if i could change the buttons but I cannot find any code in xcode to do so. I did what the challenge is asking, my alert shows up after hitting 'cancel' on the automated alert. When you taap 'try face id again' nothing happens. I cannot find any answers anywhere and im sure this is a simple mistake. I appreciate any help.

Link to code

example of automatic alert i am getting image link

From my point of view, this sounds like everything is all right with your code. The screenshot you posted is an alert generated by the Face ID system logic itself, I do not think you can - or even should - change anything about it. If your failure alert appears afterwards, this means that you also successfully completed the challenge, nothing wrong here.

As Paul pointed out in the course, you can control FaceID behaviour in the simulator by the menu "Features - Face ID". Here you can set up if Face ID is working at all (Enrolled) or if there is a positive or negative ID (...on MacBooks with Touch Bar, you can even control that by a Face ID Button on the touch bar which delivers negative ID when hit with the option key pressed).

If something else is not working which I didn't cover, make sure that you attached the alerts of the app to different views - one to the surrounding view of the map, the other (the Face ID alert) to a surrounding view of the "Unlock Locations" button".

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.