UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 13: some Equatable - error message

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

I enter the code

*import Cocoa // How to use opaque return types

func getRandomNumber() -> some Equatable { Int.random(in: 1...6) }

func getRandomBool() -> some Equatable { Bool.random() }

print(getRandomNumber() == getRandomBool())*

and then is get the error

error: MyPlayground.playground:12:28: error: cannot convert value of type 'some Equatable' (result of 'getRandomBool()') to expected argument type 'some Equatable' (result of 'getRandomNumber()') print(getRandomNumber() == getRandomBool())

Any tip

Hi! But how can you compare an Int type with Bool type in the end of the day? Does 2 equal to true or false for example?

hey, this is sample of the day 13. in the associated video the comparing results works fine but I got the error message. I can not see why it is so. I use the latest version of macOS 14.

@Marcel wonders why this code doesn't work?

print(getRandomNumber() == getRandomBool())

He insists that this is what @twoStraw uses in Day 13 lessons.

However, I see that @twoStraws actually wrote this code:

print(getRandomNumber() == getRandomNumber() )  // <-- This is different from @Marcel's code.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.