TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

SOLVED: Day 1 - Hacking with SwiftUI

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi everyone! This is my day 1 of learning SwiftUI via 100 Days of SwiftUI. I'm a bit confused with the first project (checkpoint 1). How do I validate if my answer is correct? Is this possible even if I did not subscribe to the Hacking With Swift+? Or the only way for me to check if my answers are correct are thru subscribing?

Here's my code so far

let Celcius = 20.0
var Farenheit = Celcius * 9 /  5 + 32
print("Celcius would be \(Celcius)°")
print("Farenheit would be \(Farenheit)°")

hi,

i think you are over-reading the term "validate."

i think it means: run the code you have above and "check that it gives the right answer."

you do not have to subscribe to HWS+ to follow the 100 days of SwiftUI course ... it is completely free ... and there is no pressure to subscribe to anything while you're doing that.

if you do choose to subscribe to HWS+ in the future, you will find that there are answers posted to many of the challenges and checkpoints throughout the course; but that may not be the real value of a subscription. indeed, the real value in HWS+ comes once you want to go deeper and farther, with a real highlight being building the Ultimate Portfolio app that goes 50 sessions or more.

(i'm currently not active in HWS+, but i've been in and out over maybe 8 months or so ... when i reactivate my subscription mostly depends on when i have time to make the best use of it, when not involved in other projects i am working on. but i highly recommend HWS+ when you've completed a majority of the 100 days. i only regret not getting in on HWS++ ... sorry, i could not resist the inside joke reference.)

BTW: your code looks fine.

hope that helps,

DMG

I see. Thank you so much. Just to clarfiy, so HWS+ is a subscription not a one time payment thing? And it's better to subscribe once I have finished the 100 days as the contents are more advanced in a sense that I should be able to have a full understanding of the basics first right?

Thanks for evaluating my code as well!

hi,

Just to clarfiy, so HWS+ is a subscription not a one time payment thing?

you subscribe to HWS+ for $20/month; this is charged monthly, auto-renewing until canceled. (you can pay for 10 months and get a whole year.)

i will probably resubscribe within the next month or so, when i expect to have more time to get serious with iOS 17 and SwiftData. (HWS+ will recognize me from my previous subscription periods as having already subscribed for 8 months total.) i will let that run 2 months or so, then cancel; it all just depends on how much time i have available (e.g., we'll be traveling quite a bit as we get to the holidays, and not much coding will get done during those months anyway).

it's better to subscribe once I have finished the 100 days ...

generally, yes, especially if you are new to iOS programming. when you leap into HWS+ is up to you ...

hope that helps,

DMG

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat.

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.