UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Challenge project on consolidation 7-9

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hey there,

I just completed the challenge set in consolidation part 7-9, which was:

• At the very least, this means there should be a list of all activities they want to track, plus a form to add new activities – a title and description should be enough.
  • For a bigger challenge, tapping one of the activities should show a detail screen with the description, how many times they have completed it, plus a button incrementing their completion count.
  • For an even bigger challenge, use Codable and UserDefaults to load and save all your data.

It works fine, but still I am wondering how did you completed it, especially point 2 of incrementing number of executions?

As I designed following

struct Activity: Codable, Identifable {
  var id = UUID()
  var name: String
  var description: String
  var performed: Int = 0
}

and

class Activities: @ObservableObject {
  @Published items = [Activity]()
}

it's clear I cannot simply increase activity.performed in activity detail view when passed from a list of activities. So I used @EnvironmentObject wrapper and it is working fine. But still wondering if this can be done any other way, as the property wrapper I used hasn't been mentioned in projects done so far?

Best, Kris.

My ContentView show a list of activities, each activity is shown in an ActivityView. The list has a + button in the right of the navigation bar that show a AddActivityView.

A NavigationLink is associated with each item of the list. The link go to an ActivityCompletionView.

The following variables are declared in the ActivityCompletionView struct

@State var activity: Activity
    @ObservedObject var activities: Activities

In the view I have the following section.

Section(header: Text("Completion")) {
                        HStack {
                        Text("\(self.activity.completionCount, specifier: "%d") times")
                        Spacer()
                        Button(action: {
                             self.augmentCompletionCount()
                         }) {
                             Image(systemName: "plus")
                         }
                        }
                    }

And the ActivityCompletionView struct has the augmentCompletionCount().

func augmentCompletionCount() {
        let index = activities.activityIndex(of: activity.id)!
        activities.items[index].completionCount += 1
        activity.completionCount += 1
    }

I should have avoided keeping two things synchonized here. And also avoided a UUID to index conversion "activityIndex(of: activity.id)" but I was in a hurry to go to the next session :-)

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.