UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Project 3: How to change the project directory name properly?

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

In Project 3, Paul asks us to make a copy of Project1 and name it Project3. I did this, but it seemed odd to leave the Directory just inside the main project directory named Project1 when the main directory's name was changed to Project3. So, I changed the inner directory's name as well.

However, when I did that, I could no longer build my project. It gave an error saying "Project1 >> info.plist could not be found" or something like that. Obviously, that was because the Project1 directory no longer existed, because I had renamed it to Project3.

So, it seems that there must be some place that I would have to change the path that my program uses to locate the .plist file (and possibly other files) if I want to change the name of the directory that the files are located in, but I don't know where to do that.

Does anybody know?

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.