UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Day 27: Project 5 Part One - Pick a word, Any word

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

@Bcxxx  

Hi there!

I am not sure what I did wrong in here, but I am getting an error saying Value of type 'ViewController' has no member 'submit'. So, basically I am getting an error on line self?.submit(answer).

@objc private func promptForAnswer() {
        let ac = UIAlertController(title: "Enter answer", message: nil, preferredStyle: .alert)
        ac.addTextField()

let submitAction = UIAlertAction(title: "Submit", style: .default) { [weak self, weak ac] action in
            guard let answer = ac?.textFields?[0].text else {
                return
            }
            self?.submit(answer)
        }

ac.addAction(submitAction)
        present(ac, animated: true)
    }

Any idea what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! But did you create method submit? There is no such one by default you have to create by yourself. It should be something like this.

func submit(_ answer: String) {
  // your code here
}

@Bcxxx  

Yes, you are right...I thought it comes with the Apple's API and that it is not a custome method. I guess I stopped the video too early, now I can see that Paul is getting the same error as me.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.