UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 17 - formatting numbers in Text and TextField in custom locale

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

I've been working on the WeSplit app from days 17-18 of the course recently. I saw that that the .currency(code:) formatter is used to format numbers depending on user's locale, so I customized the locale in the preview to see if anything would change - specifically to the Polish locale, which, like most European languages I think, uses comma as the decimal separator.

Surprisingly, even though Text and TextField use exactly the same format specifier, the number in Text is printed with a comma, while the number in TextField is printed with a period, formatted in the English style.

Is there any way to make TextField use the same format, which I think would be more consistent?

This is the code I have and what I get:

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.