WWDC24 SALE: Save 50% on all my Swift books and bundles! >>

Create application icon

Forums > iOS

is there a guide on how to create your own application icon?

If you load your image to App Icon Generator will create the icon. You can also do image sets as well

As for size you need image that is at least 1024x1024px in size. When designing keep in mind that the icon will have rounded corners so your artwork may get clipped. I usually have rounded rectangle (25% corner radius) over my design to visualize where the cutoff is.

When you have icon file, you can use icon generator as @NigelGee pointed out which will generate all the required sizes and you can then drag just the resulting folder to Asset catalog. I am using https://www.fanstudio.co.uk/appicon/

thanks for your help guys

If you want to create icon for your side projects. Check this blog out from Stewart Lynch Bakery - Simple Icon Creator.

Save 50% in my WWDC sale.

SAVE 50% To celebrate WWDC24, all our books and bundles are half price, so you can take your Swift knowledge further without spending big! Get the Swift Power Pack to build your iOS career faster, get the Swift Platform Pack to builds apps for macOS, watchOS, and beyond, or get the Swift Plus Pack to learn advanced design patterns, testing skills, and more.

Save 50% on all our books and bundles!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.