Many people are being hit really hard by the continuing coronavirus pandemic, including folks who have lost their job and are trying retrain, or folks who are suffering from the extraordinary mental stress that COVID brings with it. I can't magic up a fix for the pandemic, but I can at least help folks who have lost their jobs, or people who are stuck at home and need something to do.
So, I'm repeating my "Stay at Home" sale from last year, offering a 50%-off discount code on each bundle or book. All books are covered by my lifetime Swift update policy so you'll get free updates as they are released in the future.
However, this time there's a twist: if you've lost your job and are trying to retrain as an iOS developer, or you're just having a really hard time right now, you can claim a free copy of two of my best-selling books: Hacking with iOS (including both UIKit and SwiftUI editions), and Pro Swift.
So, 500 people can get a free copy of those two books – if you've lost your job and want to retrain, grab them. If you're feeling worn down by the pandemic and want to learn something new, grab them. I realize it's a drop in the ocean, but it's the least I can do.
And even if you don't want to claim that offer, you can still save 50% on all my other books and bundles, so hopefully you can benefit from that instead.
Get two books free
If you lost your job or are having a hard time with this continuing pandemic, I'm really, really sorry. Please let me give you a book or two completely free to help get you back on your feet – just use these links below:
I hope those two really help you take the next step in your journey!
PS: Those links should work for the first 500 people, so if you are currently employed as an iOS developer it would be nice if you left those free books to folks who need them more.
Save 50% on bundles
- Buy the Swift Power Pack for $75 (More info) This bundle includes Hacking with iOS, Pro Swift, Understanding Swift, Swift Coding Challenges, Advanced iOS: Volume One, Objective-C for Swift Developers, and Beyond Code at a discounted price.
- Buy the Swift Platform Pack for $75 (More info) This bundle includes Hacking with macOS, Hacking with watchOS, Hacking with tvOS, Server-Side Swift (Vapor and Kitura edition), and Advanced iOS Volume Two at a discounted price.
- Buy the Swift Plus Pack for $75 (More info) This bundle includes Swift Design Patterns, Testing Swift, SwiftUI by Example, Advanced iOS: Volume Three, Dive Into SpriteKit, and Swift on Sundays: Volume One.
All bundles are usually priced at $150, so with the 50% sale discount on top you can get them for just $75!
Hacking with Swift+ annual subscriptions
Hacking with Swift+ is my subscription service offering high-quality Swift tutorials as videos and articles, including my massive Ultimate Portfolio App course.
If you want to subscribe it costs $20 per month, but you can also choose an annual subscription that gets you 12 months for the price of 10!
Subscribe Yearly ($200/year)
Subscribe Monthly ($20/month)
Find out more
Save 50% on individual books
Get the best sellers
- Buy SwiftUI by Example for $10 (More info) As the world's largest collection of SwiftUI tips, tricks, and techniques, SwiftUI by Example will help you build great apps with SwiftUI fast.
- Buy Hacking with iOS for $20 (More info) This is my best-selling course, teaching you iOS development using SwiftUI and UIKit using complete projects. You can follow the SwiftUI curriculum with 19 complete projects, or the UIKit curriculum with 39 complete project – either way you get thousands of pages of reading plus 50 hours of HD video, and more bonus content!
- Buy Pro Swift for $20 (More info) Upgrade your Swift using powerful, modern technologies such as functional programming, protocol-oriented programming, lazy variables, enum associated values, operator overloading and more – all taught in this book and video course.
- Buy Swift Design Patterns for $20 (More info) Learn smart, idiomatic techniques to design great Swift apps, from using MVC effectively through to MVVM, delegation, protocols, and more. Drawing examples from Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, and other key Apple frameworks, you'll learn how to design elegant apps that are easier to read, easier to scale, and easier to test.
- Buy Testing Swift for $20 (More info) If you're serious about writing great code, you need to be serious about writing great tests. In this book you'll learn how unit tests, UI tests, and more combine to help you work faster and with more confidence.
Improve your skills
- Buy Swift Coding Challenges for $15 (More info) Never fear a coding interview again: Swift Coding Challenges sets you the task of solving the most common questions you'll get asked at coding intervews. You get hints in case you get stuck, then complete solutions so you can compare your results.
- Buy Advanced iOS: Volume One for $20 (More info) Whether it's iMessage apps, SiriKit integration, rich media user notifications, or speech transcription, iOS has incredible features that can help take your apps to the next level – and they are all covered in this book.
- Buy Advanced iOS: Volume Two for $20 (More info) iOS gives us a whole range of powerful tools for you to build intelligent apps, and this book helps you get started with them as quickly as possible: Core ML, Vision, ARKit, and more!
- Buy Advanced iOS: Volume Three for $20 (More info) This book covers some of Apple's most advanced frameworks, including Create ML, Siri Shortucts, ARKit 2.0, sentiment analysis, and much more.
- Buy Understanding Swift for $10 (More info) If you're keen to understand why Swift works the way it does, this is the book for you – almost 100 of the most common questions about using Swift get answered in depth right here.
Develop for all platforms
- Buy Hacking with macOS for $20 (More info) Whether you have existing iOS skills or you're starting fresh, you can learn macOS coding by building real-world projects with Swift and Xcode – all you need is in this course.
- Buy Hacking with watchOS for $20 (More info) watchOS powers Apple's tiniest devices, but users take their watches everywhere they go – even in endurance sports. This book teaches you everything you need to know about SwiftUI for watchOS using practical, real-world projects!
- Buy Hacking with tvOS for $20 (More info) tvOS lets you build apps and games for the biggest device of all: your user's television. In this book you'll build 12 real-world projects that teach you apps, games, focus, theming, and more!
- Buy Dive Into SpriteKit for $20 (More info) There are lots of SpriteKit books out there, but Dive Into SpriteKit is the first to introduce a new teaching approach that puts your choices right into the games you make.
Complete your collection
- Swift on Sundays: Volume One for $20 (More info) This book brings together the first 20 projects from my Swift on Sundays series, with each one walking you through building a complete app from scratch. iOS, macOS, watchOS, and even Vapor are covered!
- Buy Swift in Sixty Seconds for $5 (More info) Want to get started with Swift, but find yourself short on time? This is the course for you. Learn Swift in almost a hundred one-minute videos, each teaching one concept with no waffle – and all written for Swift 5.2.
- Buy Objective-C for Swift Developers for $15 (More info) Swift is a powerful, modern programming language that will continue to grow over the years ahead. But with over a million existing apps written in Objective-C, you almost certainly need to be able to read, write, and maintain both Swift and Objective-C if you want to score a great job making iOS apps.
- Buy Beyond Code for $20 (More info) When you want to go from "part-time hacker" to serious software engineer, there are a ton of extra skills that will help you work smarter, deliver software faster, and take your career to the next level.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How long does this sale run?
It starts on February 26th and runs until March 5th.
Q: How does the Hacking with Swift+ discount work?
Hacking with Swift+ is my subscription service offering high-quality Swift tutorials as videos and articles. If you want to subscribe it costs $20 per month, but the annual subscription gets you 12 months for the price of 10.
Q: I bought some books already – can I upgrade to the bundle?
Normally I'm happy to upgrade readers to a bundle by discounting whatever they paid for the individual books, but this offer is not available during sales.
Q: Are books bought in the sale covered your lifetime Swift upgrade policy?
Yes! You get free Swift updates for the lifetime of every book you buy, during a sale or outside a sale – please see here for details.
Q: Are books bought in the sale entitled to Frequent Flyer Club bonus content?
Yes! You get the same benefits of my Swift Frequent Flyer Club regardless of when you buy books. This scheme gives you bonus content as my way of thanking you for choosing my books.