UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Bringing MVVM into our SwiftUI project, part 2

Forums > Videos

After following the video exactly I notice that when I tap on an Item on HomeView in the "Up next" list, edit the item name and click on the back button, the item isn't updated in the UI.

I didn't get that behaviour before the refactoring.

When I dismiss the app and open it again, the item appears with the updated name, which tells me that the new title was saved to CoreData. I checked that controllerDidChangeContent() is being called and the published items property is updated correctly.

How could it be that items is updated correctly, but the ItemListView that reads from the computed property upNext doesn't reflect the change?

Is everyone getting the same behaviour?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.